Sunday, April 02, 2006

I'd stop drinking the coffee, but I'm no quitter.


Over the past six weeks, I've been going through my own personal, liquid, Reformation while in Switzerland - rebelling against the strict doctrines of Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts. The coffee in Switzerland is outrageously good. Even the DIY (do-it-yourself) coffee is good. The leaders in this sector, from what I can see, are Cafe Trottet or Nespresso, both of which have machines where you can make your own espresso from tiny little caps of coffee or little pillows of coffee. Against this, Safeway Select French Roast just has no game. Even Nestle's Nespresso site seems inject the sex back into coffee, with the sultry mp3 background and the smooth flash animation. To add to the seduction, the Swiss like to provide an option of either cold milk or HOT milk. I can hear the customer feedback cards at Starbucks writing themselves now.

Soundtrack of the Day:

Temperature. Sean Paul, The Trinity.
You're Beautiful. James Blunt, Back to Bedlam.
Jazz (We've Got). Tribe Called Quest, Anthology.
Hurts So Good. John Mellencamp, The Best That I Could Do, 1978-1988.
I'll Rise. Ben Harper, Welcome to the Cruel World.

Went to Annecy, France yesterday. Working on post.

No comments: