Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Overheard

Just found a great website called Overheard in New York. Reminds me of my experience shortly after coming back to the US of overhearing ridiculous conversations. Some of my favorites:

  • Man: I just don't get it! Just last night you were complaining about how you never try anything new, but you feel like you should.
  • Woman: Ok, well ordering the roast duck is a little different than a threesome, Tim.
  • Kid #1: Paper beats rock. BAM! Your rock is blowed up!
  • Kid #2: "Bam" doesn't blow up, "bam" makes it spicy. Now I got a SPICY ROCK! You can't defeat that!
  • Young woman #1: Guys never want to eat me out.
  • Middle-aged dad with kids: Hey, we're trying to eat over here.
  • Young woman #1: See, even hearing about it freaks them out.
  • Young man at next table: Maybe I can take a look for you and give you my assessment.
  • Middle-aged dad with kids: For God's sake, this is a family restaurant!
  • Young woman #2: You have a very controversial vagina.
  • Older woman: Excuse me, miss?
  • Younger woman: Yeah?
  • Older woman: Your veil, your burqa is very beautiful. I didn't know your people were allowed to wear it in bright colors.
  • Younger woman: It's not a burqa, it's a poncho. I'm Jewish. It's for the rain. I got it at TJ Maxx.
  • Guy #1: I'd totally hit that.
  • Guy #2: Dude, I'd hit that so hard whoever could pull me out would become the King of England.

No comments: