Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Boys In the Hood - Eze / Nice Remix

Woke up quick at about noon
Just thought that
I had to be in Eze-sur-Mer soon
I gotta pack a trunk
Before the day begins
Before Calvin starts bitchin'
'bout original sin

About to go
And damn near went blind
Sun off the water in Eze
Throwin' up mad shine
We went in a bar
to take a sip
With my Casio
On the side of my hip

We walked up the city
And I shuttered my weapon
Just as I clicked,
The fools kept steppin'
We jumped in the bus
Bunch of Irish on our ride
They're front and back
Side to side

Turned up the Denon to hear

I was pumpin' new shit
By Natasha St. Pier
It was
Chacun Pour Soi
At the top of the list
Then I played my own shit,
It went somethin' like this:

Promenade cruisin'
In my 6-fo'
Jockin' salopes,
Slappin' the hoe's
Train-ed it to the coast
To get the scoop
Tony Parker out there
Cold shootin' some hoop

A car pulls up,
Who can it be?
Bunch of French students
Rollin Kilo G
They roll down the window
And start to say
It's all about doggin'
That say-pay-ay (C.P.E)

Cuz the boys down in Eze
Are alwayz hard
Come talkin' like Swiss
And we'll pull your card
Knowin' nothin' in life
But the sun and cheese
Don't quote me boy,
Oh Frenchie, please...

Up in Eze
And we wanna get ill
So we hike a jardin
Where some homeboyz chill
The sun is out there
Tryin' to make us hotter
Pulled up to a bar
And drank up like squatters
Greeted with a canette and
I start drinkin'
From the pastis
My breath starts stinkin'
Gotta get some food
And start working those jaws
Before we left
I hit the nicoise

Pulled to the beach
Gotta get off of the pad
And the pebbles on my feet
Were makin' me mad
A rocky-ass beach
I couldn't believe
So I grabbed the stupid rock
and I gave it a heave

Started to rain,
Wouldn't you know?
We turned back like moles
And retreated below

We started to stand
And began to get out
We tipped like Americans
And knocked the waitress' ass out

Cuz the boys down in Eze
Are alwayz hard
Come talkin' like Swiss
And we'll pull your card
Knowin' nothin' in life
But the sun and cheese
Don't quote me boy,
Oh Frenchie, please...

For those that need more historical reference, listen to the Easy-E soundtrack here. Watch the Dynamite Hack version here (much better). To gain an appreciation of Compton 80's rap, click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ben, you've f-in lost it :)

Ah yeah. Ben in the house! Representing Compton... ehh... Wyoming... Umm... DC?, Korea??, Geneva???